Want to learn 5 basic skin care tips? Continue reading and see if you are doing them already. And if you’re not, it’s never too late to start!
So I polled my friends and asked them if they subscribe to a daily facial skin care routine, and to my surprise only a few said yes! Some said they don’t see the need right NOW!
But you reap the benefits later on in life! Yes, maybe thanks to good genes some of you might not freak out just yet, but for the rest of us who are not blessed with flawless skin, we have skin care products to thank for!
Makeup can make one look flawless to some extent, but at the end of the day, when you wash your face and strip off all those piles of makeup, wouldn’t it be more refreshing to see a healthy, glowing skin underneath?
Here are 5 basic skin care tips you need to know!
- First of all, always remember to cleanse and tone your face in the morning AND at night. Moreover, it’s advisable to use sun block with SPF 30 (I learned that anything higher than this is just marketing BS) during the day. Apply the heavy and richer creams at night so it will be more absorbed by the skin when you sleep.
- Choose products that are suitable for your skin type. That way, your skin problems (if any) will be addressed.
- Also consider the ingredients. Look out for active ingredients such as Vitamin C (sun damage repair), Hyaluronic Acid (for skin hydration), Retinol (for skin rejuvenation and cell repair), AHA (for exfoliation), Niacinamide (for shrinking enlarged pores), and Matrixyl (for anti-aging) in the products that you will use.
- Once you hit your mid 20’s, eye creams become your best friend! Opt for thicker formulation as it is better in hydrating the delicate eye area prone to dryness and wrinkles.
- And lastly, as much as skin care products could greatly help achieve a radiant skin, you also need a healthy diet. Some research suggests that a diet rich in vitamin C and low in unhealthy fats and processed or refined carbohydrates might promote younger looking skin. Also, don’t forget to drink up.
So there you have it, 5 basic skin care tips! I hope I enlightened you somehow on the importance of skin care! As I’ve said earlier, you reap the benefits later on since it may take time to see the results. But trust me, it’s better to start early than to regret not taking care of your face later on in life.
Care to share your own skin care tips? Do post in the comment section cos I love hearing from my readers! You can also tweet me at @hazelsalcedo, send questions via my Ask Box, or post a message on my Facebook page. Talk to you soon, okay? ❤