Today I will be sharing with you the new Avon 8 in 1 Eyeshadow Palette product review. Stick around for swatches and look of the day that you can do with this eyeshadow palette!
A kikay girl can never have enough eyeshadow palettes, agree? Especially compact and versatile ones for the girls on the go! And the latest Avon 8-in-1 eyeshadow palette is exactly just that! It is very light and convenient to toss around inside the bag because the packaging seems sturdy enough.
Though I have not personally done that with this palette but I did with their compact powder which is the same black plastic casing as this and so far no crack on it.
I will show you one of their palettes called “The Blues.”
It comes with two dual-sided applicators and a mirror inside. The eyeshadows are a combination of dark and pale colors which I think is great to provide balance. There are no fancy names or labels on each shade so I just numbered them below.
Avon 8 in 1 Eyeshadow Palette Product Review
Here are my initial impressions corresponding to the shade number above:
- Beige and shimmery shade that is perfect for highlighting and applying on the inner tear duct.
- This champagne colored eyeshadow is also good for highlighting purposes especially under the brow bones.
- This shade reminds me of sea mermaid! It is frosty blue green when swatched.
- Almost matte blue shade that is the brightest among the bunch. I say “almost” because it still has a bit of shimmer.
- Violet shade that has little shimmer.
- Deep violet almost black. It also looks matte but then again, there is a hint of shimmer in it.
- Blue shade that is leaning towards gray.
- On the palette this looks like dark blue, but when swatched it is actually almost black.
For today’s “Face of the Day,” I used almost all colors except #4 which I think is too bright for office wear. I find it ironic that the bluest of the blue on this palette called “The Blues” is the one shade I singled out not to use. My bad, I guess I am not that much into that kind of blue.
I applied #5 all over my lid, and #7 on my crease. Then #6 and #8 on my outer V for smokey eyes effect. I also applied #3 on my lower lash line to brighten up my eyes. Plus #1 on my inner tear duct to make my eyes more alive. Lastly, I used #2 to highlight my brow bone.
Here’s a close up! Believe me I tried to make it “blue” in honor of the palette but for some reason it turns out like this when I blended it out.
I noticed that all shades are not that very much pigmented and color pay off is a bit disappointing. But it is buildable so you can apply two or three layers to get more pigment. On a positive note, I experienced minimal fall out which is good and it’s not very chalky to apply. The shimmery finish of these shades makes it a perfect holiday eyeshadow palette to use.
PRICE: Php 349.00
WHERE TO BUY: Your Avon representatives or any Avon branches nationwide
So there you have it! I am totally enjoying doing eyeshadow palette product reviews. More to come!