The Beauty Blogger Spotlight goes to Tellie, the woman behind Beauty By Tellie and a self-proclaimed beauty subscription boxes queen. All hail to her royal highness cos this girl is on fire! I love how fearless Tellie’s unboxing reviews are cos it shows how honest-to-goodness she truly is!
Knowing she has probably tons of beauty products by now (what with all those subscriptions!), I wondered what are her top 5 beauty products. Check out her answers below!
Beauty Blogger Spotlight #4: Beauty By Tellie
Currently, these are the five that made me rave for weeks and I couldn’t shut my mouth about recommending these products to my friends. Being pretty new to makeup in general, these all left a certain impression to me of what each brand’s expertise is.
- Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. Bi-phase makeup removers are the best in removing eye makeup, ANY eye makeup. They can be a bit drying, especially with long-term use. Sephora has a lot of good makeup removers and beauty accessories but I don’t really trust their actual makeup.
- Chanel CC Cream in Beige 20. The best and brightest! Found this last year on a trip to Hong Kong. I never really noticed how ashy I look most of the time, and this corrected my skin tone awesomely. It’s a fave because it has a bit more coverage than the usual cc cream but isn’t as suffocating as the typical bb. Chanel has a lot of great base products.
- Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Softening Toner. The only toner that has been able to get rid of my tiny bumps and flakes; I have horribly parched skin. I wasn’t expecting much but after trying out different toners, I figured out that this is was the only one (so far!) that gave me really plump skin. Through this, I learned that Shiseido has the best toners IN THE WORLD!
- Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush. I look air brushed when I use this! Heard that The Face Shop has a dupe, but I haven’t checked it out so I don’t know if brush quality + density is similar enough. I think they struck gold with this brush. Shieseido’s actual makeup is more of a hit-or-miss for me.
- Celeteque Brightening Eye Tuck with Dark Circles Corrector. Great texture! This is easily blendable yet doesn’t creep into the eyes. Celeteque comes up with really effective yet ridiculously affordable stuff! (Php 299 / 15ml vs. Php 2500 and up for the same quantity with other brands.)
I think you can tell a lot about a person from their top 5 products 🙂
As for me, I’m not into colorful makeup and my focus is more on skincare. I don’t have the time to primp a lot everyday and I hate disappointing people by presenting this neat and lovely mask, only to show a disfigured mess once it all melts off.
It’s pretty hard to look pretty when your base is riddled with bumps and scars, and layering makeup just makes it look nastier. That’s just me, though! 🙂
*Thank you Tellie for sharing your answers with us! It’s my pleasure to have you in my Beauty Blogger Spotlight series!
More about her:
Hi! I’m Tellie and I blog over at BeautyByTellie.com 🙂 I’m 23 years old. I started my blog ‘cause of subscription boxes. I wanted to conquer them all- and I did! Right around my blogging anniversary, I already got one year’s worth of subscriptions from Glamourbox, BDJ Box and Saladbox ;P
Other than that, I love to write entertaining pieces about makeup! My blog is not exactly General Patronage (I blurt a lot of curses and inappropriate remarks) but hey, at least I have fun doing it!
I hope you all enjoyed this week’s Beauty Blogger Spotlight post! If you want to be included in my future spotlight, just email me and I’d be glad to check your blog!