It is that time of the week to feature another blogger! And the spotlight goes to Melissa of Kiss & Make-up! She’s the first of many international bloggers I will be featuring here so watch out!

Her blog description says “Belgian make-up and beauty blog with a Swiss touch.” I cannot remember how I stumbled across her beauty blog but I soon got hooked cos of her vivid photos, detailed product reviews and she is a real beauty!

And since then, I kept returning to get daily beauty dose and also cos she shares products I would suddenly develop a lust on. Which is btw, bad for my dear wallet… but a girl can dream. Haha!

Melissa of Kiss & Make-up Blog

Anyway. I was curious on what 5 beauty trends she refuse to follow so I went ahead and asked her. Check her interesting answers below!

5 Beauty Trends That Melissa Refuse To Follow

  1. Dark lips. Dark lips were and still are one of the biggest trends this fall and winter, but I personally don’t like them. Very few people can pull off a dark lip, and I’m certainly not one of the lucky few that can. I just don’t think dark lipstick looks flattering on me. It makes my lips look thinner and it ages me, eek! So that’s why I always stick to flattering warm pinks and corals.
  2. Nude make-up  
    Blogger Spotlight #3: Melissa of Kiss & Make-up
    I don’t do nude and refuse to go naked. And by that I mean that you will never see me sporting a nude make-up look. A lot of girls look fantastic in minimal make-up and I really like the fresh, almost-naked looks that we keep seeing on the runways, but it is just not for me. I always put the focus on my eyes, so I always go heavy with the eyeliner and the eyeshadow. Without heavy eye make-up I feel very exposed and insecure.
  3. Claw-like manicures 
    Blogger Spotlight #3: Melissa of Kiss & Make-up
    I like fun manicures and I love it when people go all out with wild colors and intricate nail art designs, but what I really don’t understand is why some people wear these ridiculously long claw-like fake nails. I prefer nails to look natural and to have a normal length.
  4. Pixie hair cuts. Some women look amazing with a pixie hair cut (just look at how Pamela Anderson transformed from bimbo into absolute beauty with her new do!) but I would never cut my hair into a pixie cut myself. The shortest I ever went was a Rihanna-style bob, and I immediately regretted it. I have very thin and fine hair, and my hair just fell so flat on my head and looked really limp and lifeless. So I definitely intend to keep my hair long from now on.
  5. Colorful pedicures. 98.5% of me is a normal 26-year-old girl. The other 1.5% is an atrocious swamp creature with huge hairy feet and monstrous toes. Think Shrek with boobs and eyeliner. Seriously, I really don’t like my big feet and my long toes. The last thing I want to do is draw attention to them, which is why I never paint my toe nails. Colorful pedicures are definitely not for me!

More about Melissa:

Melissa of Kiss & Make-up Blog

My name is Melissa and I’m a 26-year-old beauty blogger with a passion for skiing and hiking. I’m originally from Belgium but I moved to Switzerland last year with my high school sweetheart and soulmate Tom. I currently work for Ladurée (yep, I sell macaroons) but my true passion is make-up and beauty. When Hazel asked me if she could feature me on her blog I immediately said yes. Hazel is a real darling, and it’s a pleasure and an honor to do this collaboration with her!



I hope you all enjoyed this week’s Blogger Spotlight post! If you want to be included in my future spotlight, just email me and I’d be glad to check your blog! 🙂

Find this post helpful? Share it! 💖

About Hazel Salcedo

A digital marketer who’s always daydreaming about her next getaway. This wanderlust is living proof that traveling can be affordable! She’s traveled to many countries thanks to Piso fare flights. Read the 7 best seat sale hacks that worked for her.

You might also enjoy:

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *