This super easy do-it-yourself homemade vitamin E face cream is something I learned a few years back when I saw my sister do it herself. I was intrigued because first, why would you go through the hassle of DIY when you can easily buy from the store?
She said it is cheaper than buying pure vitamin E oil. Also, she does not like drinking vitamins. ME TOO! You would be surprised to know I rarely take any vitamins orally. So this whole DIY got me really interested, I tried doing this homemade vitamin E face cream myself.
DISCLAIMER: I’m not an expert. Please consult with your doctor first before trying this. What may work for me may not necessarily work for you (and vice versa).
I did it in the past for about 3 weeks or so. And here I am sharing my secret to achieve that healthy glow. Naaaks!
BUT FIRST… what is the big deal with Vitamin E anyway?
- Vitamin E is a strong antioxidant that prevents premature aging. It prevents the formation of wrinkles by blocking free radical damage.
- Vitamin E also boosts collagen production to treat wrinkles and keep skin elastic.
- It treats and promotes healing of scars, stretch marks, and brown spots.
- It supports new skin cell growth and speeds up cell regeneration.
- Vitamin E is also a more affordable substitute to pricey anti-aging creams.
That is why you will normally see this ingredient in most beauty products that promises youthful, glowing skin. So much so that pure Vitamin E oil has also become a product of its own.
Learn the other benefits of Vitamin E oil on face here!
But a bottle of Vitamin E oil can be expensive. You can get almost the same result from buying Vitamin E capsules and they are in their purest form as well.
Okay, so now we know the benefits of Vitamin E oil, let us proceed with the DIY homemade Vitamin E face cream!
What You Need for the Homemade Vitamin E Face Cream
- Vitamin E capsules. I used Myra E d-Alpha Tocopherol Vitamin E capsules. It is around Php 360 for 30 capsules. (You can buy a bottle of Myra E 400 capsules from Lazada here).
- Pin or needle or anything sharp to poke the capsule.
How To Make the Homemade Vitamin E Face Cream
- Wash your face and hands first. Then get 1 vitamin E capsule and poke a small hole using a needle. The thick liquid which is the vitamin E oil will ooze out.
- Apply the vitamin E oil gently around your eyes, forehead, and mouth area. Dab the remaining oil on your cheeks, nose, and neck area. Yes, do not forget to give some love to your neck! It ages too, you know!
That is so easy, right? It’s probably the quickest homemade face moisturizer for aging skin you can make!
What Result Can You See?
Since vitamin E oil is very thick and sticky, it is not recommended for daytime use. This homemade Vitamin E face cream is best used as a night treatment, a maximum of two times a week. Do note that it may take some time to see results.
But for me, aside from my skin becoming softer and smoother over time, I also noticed that my pimple scars lightened too. If you ask me, I would still very much prefer taking this topical approach than digesting the capsule form.
📌 SAVE IT ON PINTEREST FOR LATER! 📌
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!
I hope this post was helpful! Let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment on this post. You can also tweet me at @hazywanders, send questions via my contact page form, or post a message on my Facebook page. Talk to you soon, okay? ❤
This post was first published on August 10, 2014 and has since been updated.