Hey guys! I haven’t done a glam with me vlog or any makeup vlog for quite a long time now! I think it’s been years haha! But I was in the mood to create one again while I was doing my hair and makeup for a recent wedding I attended. So I quickly grabbed my camera, set up my table, and voila! 😅
Here’s a quick and easy makeup vlog tutorial on how I usually do my own makeup for formal events. After being invited to quite a lot of weddings last 2019, I think I can say I mastered the art of doing my own glam up look! LOL. If you want to do your own makeup for events, parties, weddings, or any day you want to glam up, then be sure to watch the video below! 💋
I hope you all enjoy this makeup vlog (it’s in a mix of English and Filipino language, so sorry for any non-Filipino speaking readers who will stumble upon here). Anyway, I also listed the beauty products I used below in case you’re interested in where to get them. Plus the products for my curly hair that I absolutely love are listed down below.
Glam Up Look Makeup Vlog
The Final Look
Beauty Products Used
I super love these products – some items are already staples in my beauty kit! Which ones do we have in common? 😍
- Avène Thermal Spring Water Spray (Php 499 in Lazada)
- Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk SPF 50 (Php 1400 in Lazada)
- Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser (Php 299 in Lazada)
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Php 1320 in Lazada)
- Belo Sun Expert Perfecting Shield Tinted Sunscreen (Php 699 in Lazada)
- Media Liquid Eyebrow Pen (not sure if this brand is available locally; I bought it in Hong Kong. I also use the one from K-Palette!)
- Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder (Php 599 in Lazada)
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette
- Kiss Me Smooth Liquid Eyeliner (K-Palette eyeliner is a good alternative)
- Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara (Php 299 in Lazada)
- Beauty Bar False Eyelashes
- Ever Bilena Eyelash Glue
- Estee Lauder Eyeliner Pencil (Slate Writer)
- Nars Blush (Php 1700 in BeautyMNL)
- Sunnies Face Lipstick (Php 345 in Lazada)
Products For Curly Hair
As you can see from the makeup vlog above, I’m happily sporting the curly look now. Having curly hair is actually tricky as you need to use certain products to keep the curls moisturized and to maintain its curly form and at the same time so it won’t look frizzy. These are the products I normally use and absolutely love!
- Zenutrients Aloe Vera Moisturizing Conditioner (Php 260 in Lazada)
- Andalou Naturals Exotic Marula Oil Taming Creme
- Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream (Php 799 in Lazada)
- Human Nature Natural Daily Hair Treatment (Php 299.75 in Lazada)
- Human Nature Natural Hair Revival Coco Mask (Php 329.75 in Lazada)
- Human Heart Nature Moisturizing +PLUS Conditioner (Php 189.75 in Lazada)
I’m practicing the Curly Girl Method as I am growing my naturally curly hair back to its healthy state. That means no more use of hairdryer and straightening tools that can greatly damage my hair. No more hair rebond too (acckk can you believe I have been rebonding and relaxing my hair for almost two decades already? Just imagine the damage it has caused to my hair and scalp all throughout the years yikes!).
There’s so much more about the Curly Girl Method but I won’t bore you with the details. If you’re a curly girl like me, I highly recommend the Curly Girl Philippines on Facebook. It is a support group and an online community for girls rocking the curly ‘do!
Curly Girls Philippines is a support group committed to free education on Lorraine Massey’s Curly Girl Method for Filipino women with textured hair.
Our mission is to empower Filipino women by helping them embrace and care for their natural textured hair exclusively through the Curly Girl Method.
Our vision is to build a movement that will change the Philippines’ beauty standards and to remove the stigma around natural wavy, curly and coily hair.
Now I only use CGM-approved products that are safe for curly hair cos apparently our hair type is more prone to breakage than those with straight hair. Thanks to this group, I know now how to properly maintain my curls. I no longer want to have it rebonded, ever! I realized I can even save on hairstyling services whenever I have events to go to (case in point, the wedding as mentioned in the video) cos well, I’m curly already hahaha!
Anyway, that’s it for today. Thank you for watching my makeup vlog and reading this post. See you in my next post! Bye! 😘